Posted on Monday, June 9th, 2014 by Rebecca Doctrow
You have just a few short days to get a gift for your dad for Father’s Day, which falls on June 15th this year. Thankfully, we put together a list, with the help of Amazon and eBay, to help you find the perfect gift for your dad.
It is always hard to shop for your daddy because he will probably always tell you that he doesn’t want or need anything. We don’t buy that… There are things on this list for all different types of dads, whether he is handy, fashionable, sporty, etc. Hopefully this list will help make things a bit easier for you this year. Enjoy Father’s Day with your dad, and don’t forget that it is more about showing appreciation for your dad and spending time with him, but the perfect gift never hurts!
1. Apollo Precision Tools DT9408– Your dad will have no excuses not to assemble your new piece of furniture or hang the awesome picture you just bought if you get him this tool kit.This 53-piece tool kit comes with pliers, a hammer, screwdrivers, wrenches and more and is the perfect gift for your handy dad.
2. Swiss+Tech ST53100 Micro-Max 19-in-1 Key Ring Multi-Function Pocket Tool– It is a running joke in my family that my uncle doesn’t go anywhere without his handy pocket knife, but the number of times it has come in handy for the entire family is uncountable.This particular pocket tool will instantly make your father a hit (and extremely useful), as it comes with 19 different tools in one key chain including wrenches, screwdrivers, a bottle opener, wirecutters, pliers, and more.
3. Stack-On DS-60 60 Drawer Storage Cabinet– My father’s workbench looked a mess until we bought him a storage cabinet.This one is perfect for holding nuts. bolts, screws, and more. Stack-On makes different sizes of this storage cabinet, and all can be found on Amazon.com.
4. Sharper Image Motorized Tie Belt Scarf Rack– Help your dad organize his closet by giving him this great gift. This tie rack can be installed in his closet and makes it easy to search through ties and belts with the touch of a button.
5. Abernook Personalized Pinstripe Cufflinks– Spruce up classic looking cufflinks by getting them personalized. They are a great gift for your fashionable, dapper, smart-dressing dad.
6. Citizen Men’s BM8242-08E Watch– Give your dad a gift that combines classic style and modern technology with this watch. The black and gold face and brown leather band is a sleek look, and the date/time indicator and fact that it is water resistant make it more functional than just any old watch.
7. Sony HTST7 HD Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer– My dad taught me well, how can you watch classic guys’ guy movies like Star Wars or Indiana Jones without loud, intense, surround sound? Give your dad the gift of that sound with this sound bar. It will attach to your TV with HDMI cables or via bluetooth technology to your smart phone and will deliver high-definition sound that is not possible using only your TV speakers.
8. Kindle Keyboard 3G– Sometimes the key to a great technological gadget is the simplicity in it. While Amazon made several new and improved version of the Kindle, this version is more of a book than an all-purpose tablet. Download discounted books in seconds at the click of a button on 3G or wi-fi all over the world. This is a great gift for your gadget-loving dad, especially one that takes long trips and/or loves to read.
9. Canon EOS 70D 20.2 MP Digital SLR Camera– Help your dad capture the precious moments in your life or on vacation by giving him this great camera. Along with the technical details that make this a great camera, an added bonus is the built-in wireless technology that will allow your dad to download and share the images.
10. RAD Sportz 12 Volt Electric Air Captain Air Compressor– One of the best things my father ever purchased was this automatic air pump. Simply plug it into your car’s cigarette lighter and blow up your bike tires, basketballs, footballs, etc within minutes without having to do it by hand. This is a great gift for your sporty dad and will help him get on the road or court a little faster.
11. ASICS Men’s GEL-Craze TR– These shoes are great for a sporty dad who likes to spend time in the gym. Cross trainers will allow him to do various exercises with just one pair of shoes, and ASICS’ design for this particular shoe provides great comfort and support for that versatility.
12. Sony Walkman NWZ-W273– These new headphones with the attached MP3 player make a great gift for your sporty dad, especially one who likes to swim. It is wireless, handsfree, stores 4GB of music, charges quickly and has 1.5 hours of battery life. Reviews say it is the best pair of underwater headphones yet, so give them to your dad and help him push through those long swims.
13. Cuisinart CGS-5014 14 Piece Delux Stainless-Steel Grill Set– If your dad’s favorite hobby is grilling in the summer, this is the ultimate gift. The 14-piece kit comes with grill tongs, corn holders, a spatula, and more. Cuisinart is known for their high-quality, long-lasting appliances, and that is not missed on this product. The kit comes in an aluminum case, making it easy to keep track of all of the pieces and to carry it out to the grill or to your neighbors for the cookout.
14. 13 Piece Professional Bar Set– If your dad prefers to entertain his company at the house bar, this 13-piece bar set would be a great gift for him. He can feel like a real bartender while making classy mixed drinks and impressing his friends with the shaker, strainer, and stirrer included.
15. Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack– This is a great gift for your father if his hobbies include camping and hiking. It is light (under 5lb empty), adjustable, and comes with a water bladder pocket and rain fly. Your dad can also attach a sleeping bag to it, making it ideal to take on a short camping trip. The top-loading bag has several outside separate compartments, making it easy to access immediately needed items.