Posted on Thursday, March 31st, 2011 by Annat Katz
Starting today, each Thursday we will bring you the Top 10 sites of an alternating area of interest. This time the spotlight is on style, just in time for spring! So where do you go to keep up with the latest fashion trends? Style.com? Cosmopolitan Magazine? Perhaps Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar? All these are decent choices, but if you’re looking for less obvious sources of fabulous style, here are the top 10 recommended sites and blogs.
1. Fashionista.com – This is perhaps one of the best fashion sites on the Web covering everything from runway collections and fashion weeks to model gossip, season trends and street fashion. It is beautifully written, it’s packed with great photos, and before you know it you’ll become a regular on this site.
2. The Coveted – This ‘fashion central’ blog by Jennine Jacob gives you all you could possible need to stay ahead of the style curve; large high quality photos, great fashion finds, the latest news from the catwalks, even links to other noteworthy fashion blogs. If you’re looking for an inspiring style blog that keeps on giving, The Coveted is your answer.
3. Refinery29 – What makes this site unique is its geo-location approach; Refinery29 offers local fashion news to selected US cities, namely NYC, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago. In addition to their Coast-to-Coast content you will also find a comprehensive wealth of style info including fashion finds and deals, trends and relevant news. Refinery29 is filled with colorful images and engaging content which makes it a top style resources in my book.
4. The Blonde Salad – Meet the fashion obsessed blonde from Italy, Ciara Ferragni, who updates her blog on a daily basis with pictures of herself dressed in a different, super-stylish outfit each time. Each post includes large hi-res photos of Ciara, accompanied by a brief commentary and a shopping list to answer to those asking the ‘what are you wearing’ question.
5. Fashion Served – This site is brought to us by the Behance Network, a big design/creative network of sites and blogs. What makes Fashion Served unique are both its showcase presentation of the different posts, and also the unique creative fashion niches it drags into the spotlight.
6. Lookbook.nu – What a better way to learn about the latest fashion trends than by seeing what regular people are wearing? Lookbook is a place where users dress up, take a picture of themselves and submit it to the site. Once published, the Lookbook user community can vote on and share their favorite looks. This is a classic example of the fashion power of the people.
7. Street Peeper – Based on the same street style concept, Street Peeper gives us a daily dose of fashion trends from around the world. All photos are taken by the style scout Phil who, as I’m sure you’ll agree, does justice to beautifully dressed people. This a great source of style to check out.
8. The Budget Babe – Who doesn’t want to look amazing without spending ridiculous amounts of cash? Me neither. That’s why The Budget Babe is such a great blessing, making it possible to look like a million dollars without spending too much on clothes and accessories. One of the best things I like about The Budget Babe is the Dress By Numbers feature. This is where you can imitate the look of the stars by learning where to buy identical clothing at reasonable prices and still look like you just came out of a fashion spread.
9. Trendland’s fashion section – Trendland is a serious trend-forecaster website that covers the vast creative-visual world (art, design, culture and photography), but its fashion section is what makes it relevant to this Top 10 list. It’s the perfect place to stop by regularly to see what the next season will look like in terms of style and trends.
10. All My Faves Style page – This Mini Faves page on All My Faves offers a concentrated dose of the best style and fashion sites & blogs out there. You will find there -in addition to all the sites listed above- numerous additional resources all focused on great looks and inspiring fashion trends. Enjoy and have a great weekend!